Do you have a digital camera?* Maybe you have a cell phone with a camera. Well then:
- Hit the streets! Go to an area with heavy pedestrian traffic—near shops, a post office, a popular park, etc. (For safety and companionship, you may want to work with a partner.)
- Do you use public transportation to commute to and from work? Every work day you’ll have the opportunity to meet new people, talk about the Peltier case, and collect photos of new supporters.
- Table at community events, too. Or create your own mini-event by setting up a table outside a grocery store or another public place (with permission, of course).
- Don’t forget church and other civic functions, flea markets, bazaars, and pow wows.
- Will you be attending a gathering related to Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years? These are prime opportunities to get friends, colleagues, and family and/or community members involved.
- Host a house party and invite friends, neighbors, and family members.
From now until January 31, collect as many photos as you can and get folks interested in and participating in the campaign to free Leonard Peltier. If we all do our part, tens of thousands of photos will be collected by January 31.
*You can also purchase a disposable (standard or digital) camera or use a Polaroid camera, although these are more expensive options.
The Campaign Packet provides you with all the tools you will need to fulfill your mission. Please pay particular attention to the Guidance and Tips document in your packet.
Mail your mailers, log sheets, and donations to the support branch coordinators: ZOOM IN, c/o 2241 NW Hoyt Street, #214, Portland, OR 97210. Please also provide your contact information so that we can verify receipt of your batches. NOTE: Please provide an e-mail address and/or telephone number.
All materials should be received NO LATER THAN JANUARY 31, 2010 (but please don’t wait until then to send us batches of photos).
For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.